In order to enable the ordering of licences (such as ESD) or service products (such as eCare Packs) on ITscope, you must mark your products correctly and uniquely.
Currently we support the following different product families:
|Description and examples
|Physical, tangible product
|‘Electronic Software Delivery’. In contrast to sending software by post, ESD software can be downloaded directly from a server and used immediately.
For example: Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016 ESD licence
|eCare Packs, Support, Exchange and Services such as: HP eCare Pack, Fujitsu Support Services, Warranty, Maintenance, Lenovo Carepacks
|Software licences such as Microsoft Open Licences
|Apple CTO products
The product families assigned to products and sources of supply can be viewed directly on the platform in the product header area, in the sources of supply detailed view, or using API 2.1 via the developer and standard formats.
If you also want to receive other product families (such as licences, eCare Packs or spare parts) in your orders apart from hardware, please note that these are only possible in connection with the corresponding unique item identification within your price list. You must therefore include a unique identifier in your price lists (e.g. by means of an additional column indicating the licence type).
For product families other than hardware, the following prerequisites must be met:
- Confirmation from your side by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here you must confirm that you want to transmit these product families and therefore meet the following additional requirements:
- Clearly identify the different product families within your price list
- Processing of end-licensee and product family orders via email or via the ITscope platform
Therefore, you guarantee that all transmitted product families and end-licensee data will be processed correctly upon receipt of a corresponding order
- If you are connected to ITscope via an electronic order integration (EDI), you must also be able to process the product families or end-licensee orders.
In the following articles, you can see field descriptions and examples, as well as labels for product families that must be provided by you as part of your price list:
- Field descriptions and examples: https://guide.itscope.com/en/kb/field-descriptions-and-examples/
- Product families: https://guide.itscope.com/en/kb/product-family/