ITscope provides its users with two ways to access the prepared product data.
- The ITscope platform for direct, interactive access for the user.
- The ITscope API (Application Programming Interface) as a communication interface with other products or services for data and resources.
What is the ITscope API?
The aim of the ITscope API is to make important functions of the ITscope platform available for third party systems, in order to integrate ITscope into company processes.
An external product or service can communicate with the ITscope service through the ITscope API. In particular, it allows access to data and services from the ITscope infrastructure, so that they can be used in own systems and to connect to ITscope. This is how other companies can exchange information with ITscope.
For whom is the ITscope API intended?
Originally, APIs were used to give partners outside the company access to data and resources. Modern APIs, including the ITscope API, aim to also provide easy access for non-developers. ITscope itself is based to a certain extent on the ITscope API, meaning it is therefore constantly maintained and further developed.
Why use the ITscope API?
The ITscope API allows the integration of aggregated and processed product data from distributors listed on ITscope, updated daily, into own products and services.
How will the API be further developed?
The API is continuously developed to make services such as products, exports, quotes or orders accessible.
The ITscope API is RESTful (REpresentational State Transfer). Without going into too much detail, REST roughly consists of the following components:
- The base URL of the API, in our case https://api.itscope.com/2.1
- defined MIME return formats like JSON or XML
- a handful of operations like PUT, GET or DELETE
- and everything is based on the HTTP standard.
Further information on REST can, for example, be found here: