Why is the portal so slow despite a fast internet connection?
This problems may occur on different PCs with different configurations. Is there a measure to speed it up?
Performance problems can be caused by different browser and/or antivirus/firewall configurations.
To carry out your own fault diagnosis as quickly as possible, you can take the following steps:
- Deactivate browser add-ons, such as Adblock Plus
- Clear the browser cache and cookies and restart the browser
- Use another browser or even another PC to observe and compare the behaviour of the ITscope Online Platform there
- Check your antivirus and firewall software settings, e.g. deactivate them briefly and test the speed of the portal without active antivirus or firewall software
- In addition, check for possible problems with WebSockets using a WebSocket test that you can run under the following address: https://websocketstest.com
- Allow the following IP ranges, for port 443 (https):
188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11/29)
18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 (126.96.36.199/30)
188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
- Domain names that must also be allowed include the following:
If performance problems persist after carrying out these steps, you can also send us the link to the WebSockets Result-ID (which you will find at the bottom of the https://websocketstest.com page), as well as a detailed error description, to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to allow us to investigate possible sources of error.
Do not forget to also send us a screenshot of the portal settings.
To do this, click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner, and then select the ‘About‘ menu item (see screenshot below).